Requirements: 4.0 years by September 1st (eligible for Kindergarten the following fall), potty trained, basic control of emotions, ability to communicate verbally. We provide both morning and afternoon snack, and three different program options.
At Kimber Hills, our Pre-K Class uses the Core Knowledge Preschool Sequence. This philosophy is excellent to prepare our young students for a successful transition to Kindergarten. We provide specific goals, skills, and content in the developmental areas of:
- Social and Emotional Awareness
- Language and Literacy
- Motor skills
- Knowledge acquisition and cognitive development.
Being sure to approach each child on an individual level, our teachers are able to identify the skills and knowledge that they need to build upon to provide a successful learning experience. As they continue with the Core Knowledge Preschool Sequence curriculum, they’ll have more experiences with art & music, writing, foundational reading skills, and sensory learning.
Our Pre-K classroom is a rich learning environment where children can experience the joy of learning through engaging and interactive activities. This includes:
- Marble runs, intricate puzzles
- STEAM activities
- A play house for dramatic play
- A reading corner to foster a love and appreciation of books
- An art center to explore creative expression through a variety of mediums and materials
- Structured learning activities to provide our PreK students with guided and focused instruction
- Blocks, magnets, and building equipment to explore building and construction concepts
- Small manipulative toys to foster fine motor skills and imaginative play
- Sensory Stations to allow the children to explore a variety of materials
At Kimber Hills Preschool we’ll work with each child and their family to ensure that they are confident and ready to enter Kindergarten. For almost two decades, Mrs. Bromley has been helping Pre-K children successfully prepare for kindergarten. She has the experience to prepare your child for the next step in their education.
In the Kimber Hills Pre-K Class, your child will experience:
- Meaningful activities with art and music
- The joy of developing early writing skills
- Building positive friendships with peers
- The early steps of modeling the language of emotions and problem solving
- Using their sense to explore the world around them
- Using scientific reasoning to explore cause and effect
My name is Beth Bromley. I have been a part of Kimber Hills Preschool since August 2001 teaching Pre-K. I have a bachelor’s degree in environmental education from Cal State East Bay and love everything about the outdoors. In my free time, I love reading, animals, coffee and being outside. I also love dressing up with the kids in the classroom and being silly!
4.0 years by September 1st
The early years of a child’s growth and development are fundamental in building a foundation for future learning and success. Building on our hands-on approach with skills and concepts, the children are also learning respect for peers and teachers in order to be cooperative members of the classroom and their community.
Skills That Children Will Learn
Preschool age children have the ability to attain a wide range of skills through the benefit of a high quality preschool program. Your preschooler will experience:
- Core Knowledge: The Preschool Sequence Curriculum
- Math, Language, and Literature Readiness
- Science Exploration
- Music and Art Appreciation
- Zoo Phonics
- Biblical Character Traits
What your child does each day
Each day at preschool is packed with carefully designed activities structured around the main developmental areas outlined in Core Knowledge: Preschool Sequence. Our daily schedule could look similar to:
- Discovery Centers
- Circle Time
- Snack Time
- Learning Centers
- Recess Time
- Bible Circle
- Lunch Time
- Rest Time/Quiet Time
- Snack Time
- Recess Time
- Discovery Centers
Summer Session: June 14, 2021 – August 6, 2021
Fall Session: August 16, 2021- June 8, 2022
8:45 AM – 11:45 AM
8:30am – 3:30pm
7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
(ALL schedules are 5 day schedules ONLY)
APPLICATION FEE (NEW STUDENTS)
A $175.00 non-refundable Application Fee MUST accompany each new application. This is a one-time fee that pays for administrative processing of the application. Your application will NOT be considered until the application fee has been received.
RE-ENROLLMENT FEE (CURRENTLY ENROLLED STUDENTS)
A $175.00 non-refundable Re-Enrollment Fee MUST accompany each re-enrollment. This is a one-time fee that pays for administrative processing. Your re-enrollment will NOT be considered until the re-enrollment fee has been received.
- Current students who are re-enrolled during PRIORITY ENROLLMENT will have their enrollment fee discounted to $125.
MULTIPLE STUDENT TUITION DISCOUNT
- A family having two or more students enrolled in Kimber Hills Preschool is eligible for a Multiple Student Tuition Discount. Each toddler or preschool student of a multiple student family enrolled in a core or full day schedule will receive a $500 discount per child per year on their tuition (applied monthly September – June).
PAYMENT PLAN OPTIONS
- 10-MONTH EFT (ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFER) PLAN
- Effective September – June.
- PREPAID ANNUAL TUITION PLAN (available for Fall Session only)
- To receive a 3% discount, pay tuition in full by setting up a one-time EFT.
- PREPAID SEMI-ANNUAL TUITION PLAN (available for Fall Session only)
- To receive a 2% discount, make TWO semi-annual equal payments by setting up an EFT.
- Should a student enroll after the first day of school, tuition will be prorated according to the first date of attendance. Parents MUST enroll in the Automatic Tuition Payment Plan at the time of enrollment. The monthly payment will be prorated by the Kimber Hills Preschool Finance Office.
- Students enrolling between the 1st and 15th of the month will pay FULL tuition for the month.
- Students enrolling between the 16th and the 31st of the month will pay ONE HALF month’s tuition.