About Our Preschool
Kimber Hills Preschool, a Christ-centered ministry of Fremont Community Church, is dedicated to spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ through academic excellence and quality instruction. A professional, caring staff is committed to developing partnerships with parents and nurturing each child spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally, and physically while at the same time recognizing the God-given uniqueness of each child. “See to it that no one misses the grace of God” Heb. 12:15a
Kimber Hills Preschool’s educational philosophy acknowledges that all truth is God’s truth and that there is nothing that is truth outside the scope of Christianity. As a school, we seek to be thoroughly Christian in every phase of education and school life. II Tim 3:16, 17
Kimber Hills Academy was established as an extension of the home and church, to provide an educational experience in a warm and friendly atmosphere for children 2 years to 5 years of age. This service has grown from a sincere love for children and a desire to further God’s love in their lives. Luke 18:16
Kimber Hills Preschool is committed to excellence in character development, academic achievement and quality instruction. This involves meeting the child’s spiritual, moral, academic, physical, and social needs through an experiential, developmental approach. Each child will be encouraged to grow in all areas of development through play and interaction with the people and objects in his/her environment. This is best accomplished through the coordinated efforts of the school, the home, and the church. (Deuteronomy 6:5-9) We are also committed to the spiritual and academic growth of our teachers and encourage them to make learning a lifelong pursuit.
Kimber Hills Preschool is an integral ministry of Fremont Community Church. The church was started in 1973 as an outreach effort by Redwood Chapel Community Church in Castro Valley. After meeting for several years at Mission High School, the church purchased its current facility from Kimber Farms and started meeting here in 1979. In January 1980, the church began the preschool with a total of seven students. In 2011 Kimber Hills Preschool was adopted as the school’s new name. In 2020, we will be celebrating 40 years as a growing and vibrant preschool.
Kimber Hills Highlights
- We see each of our children here as gifts from God.
- Each child is encouraged to develop as a “whole child”.
- We honor each child’s family as their first and most important teachers.
- We partner with parents and the community to foster a child’s love of learning and love of God.
- We set each child up to learn through making connections and relationships for problem solving, get accustomed to group interaction, sharing, listening, taking risks, and making positive choices.
- We have an excellent, research-guided approach to a child’s education based on their age, stage, and individual personality.
- We offer unparalleled opportunities for our young learners to learn in our amazing classrooms.
- We have an amazing Kimber Play Yard, which young learners use to explore their environment through gross motor play.